Vaginal / Perineal Steam Blend (Organic)
The Mothership Vaginal & Perineal Steam Blend is designed to help a woman recover quickly during postpartum & decrease the amount of time spent bleeding during the weeks after birth.
You may choose to steam for a week after birth to help recovery or for 30 consecutive days to clear up any pre-pregnancy conditions, imbalances, & reproductive issues.
Steaming is a method of delivering herbal remedies via steam to the perineum, vagina, cervix, & uterus. Gentle yet powerful herbs are used to promote circulation, cleanse, detox, tone and tighten skin, regulate the menstrual cycle, support pms symptoms, heal, & strengthen the womb. Steaming also balances the vaginal flora and helps cleanse any excess mucus.
This blend can be used for:
- Postpartum, miscarriage or hysterectomy recovery
- Reducing anxiety, improving mood, encouraging relaxation
- Increasing milk production
- Shortening lochia (pregnancy matter discharge) period
- Cleaning stitches & tears, softening scar tissue, aiding in wound healing
- Encouraging a healthy period
- Shrinking uterus back to pre-pregnancy size quickly
- Toning & tightening the vaginal canal
- Prevention of organ prolapse
- Reduces postpartum hemorrhoids
- Reducing bloating & water retention
- Drains excess fluid
- Relief from menstrual cramps, vaginal dryness, painful intercourse, and menopause symptoms
- Resolving yeast infections, vaginitis/BV
- Shrinking fibroids, polyps, and cysts
- Detoxing the uterus
* Chamomile - antioxidant, anti inflammatory, anti-anxiety, mild sedative, immunity boosting, muscle and nerve relaxant, morning sickness, joint inflammation, high in calcium & magnesium
*Rosemary - disinfecting, strengthening, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory, improving memory and mental clarity, menstrual flow, treating circulatory issues, pain relief, and wound healing, anti-stress, cancer fighting, treats skin conditions
*Yarrow - strengthening, anti-inflammatory anti-spasmodic, normalizes body systems i.e. bring on menstruation or decrease postpartum bleeding, pain and soreness postpartum, wound healing, reduces pain & inflammation, reduces anxiety, depression, & stress, improves circulation
*Mint - calming, digestive support
*Witch Hazel - anti-inflammatory, reducing skin irritations, treating hemorrhoids, anti-oxidant, antiviral, tones & tightens skin, calming & cooling
*Rose - cleansing, hydrating, anti-oxidant, weight loss, menstrual pain, stress support, anti-depressant, anti-bacterial , anti-anxiety, soothing
*Plantain Leaf - anti-inflammatory, soothing, draws out excess mucus, wound healing, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, antioxidant, pain relieving
5 - 10 steams per bag
Suggested Use: Add 5 teaspoons to 1/4 cup of herbs in 6 cups of boiling water. Turn off heat and allow herbs to steep for 10 minutes before you begin session. Steam for 10-30 min depending on your sensitivities.
For Postpartum: Begin after childbirth and steam everyday for 7 days or until Lochia stops. If you have severe tearing or delivered via cesarean wait 6 weeks or until stitches heal to begin steaming.
CAN I USE THE HERBS WITHOUT A VAGINAL STEAM SET UP AT HOME?
Yes. The herbs come with suggested info on how to prepare the steam blend and a step-by-step guide on how to setup for an in-home steam session without a stool or sauna.
CAN I USE THE HERBS MORE THAN ONCE?
Yes. You can use the herbs twice. Remove from pot after boiling, before steaming, and store in fridge.
HOW MANY HERBS DO I USE FOR EACH SESSION?
Anywhere from 5 teaspoons to 1/4 cup of herbs per session. The herbs swell in the water during steaming so not much is required.
ARE THE HERBS SAFE WHILE BREASTFEEDING?
This Steam blend is safe for breastfeeding and non-drying on the milk supply. Some Mom’s report that the calming qualities that vaginal steaming provides have actually increased their milk supply.
ARE THERE ANY CONTRAINDICATIONS ON WHEN I SHOULD NOT STEAM?
You should not steam if you are pregnant, after ovulating and trying to conceive, or if you have experienced spontaneous bleeding and irregular periods in the past three months.
I RECOMMEND MILD STEAMING (10 Minute Session) FOR THOSE WHO:
- Are first time steamers
- Have short menstrual cycles (27 days or less)
- Are IUD users
- Prone to infections
- Normally run hot (have hot flashes, sweat a lot)
- Are under the age of 13
- Are prone to fresh spotting
- Are prone to spontaneous bleeding / have 2 periods a month
HOW DO I PREPARE THE HERBS WITHOUT A VAGINAL STEAM SAUNA?
Check out our post here on in-home vaginal and perineal steaming.
**Also pictured: Healing Salve. For purchase separately.