The Mothership NYC

Postpartum Doula Support - Hourly Rates

Sale price Price $50.00 Regular price

A Mothership Doula will enter your home to be

your support, your way,

without judgment or opinions. The role of a postpartum doula is adaptable depending on your individualized needs, but the focus is on supporting the parent(s) during the first 3 months with a new baby, also known as the fourth trimester. Many cultures have the mother on bedrest for 40 days straight after childbirth, as it is an extremely important recovery and bonding time for mother and baby.  Your doula will anticipate your recovery needs, taking care of everything during her time at your home, so you are able to rest and get to know your baby.  

Your Mothership Doula is trained in both supporting the new parent and newborn care, ready to tackle your family's every need. She makes helpful suggestions, does light household management, and provides newborn education. Meal plans, nutrition plans, scheduling nighttime/sleep doula hours, and breastfeeding consultations are all options to discuss in advance. The first few months with a new baby are a very transformative time, the biggest life adaptation you and your family will experience. Let a Mothership Doula gently support and guide your family as you confidently glide into parenthood. Some families hire help for the first week, others prefer ongoing support over the first few months.

Services include:

  • one (1) prenatal meeting to discuss and explore priorities/concerns and plan how to meet your families needs
  • non-judgmental support with necessary household management including: newborn care, support for birth recovery/rest, sibling care, meal prep and tidying, organizing the nursery, errands, laundry, etc.
  • Space to process labor & delivery
  • Breastfeeding and/or bottle feeding support
  • Support with relaxation to promote rest (massages, comfort positions, etc.)
  • Self care and emotional wellness support
  • Holistic recommendations if interested
  • Resources or referrals if needed
  • Available to answer questions about upcoming baby care or services anytime before
    the birth of your baby.


  • Daytime Postpartum Doula Services (7am-8pm) $50/hr minimum of 2 hours a day

  • Overnight Postpartum Doula Services (8pm-7am) $65/hr minimum of 4 hours a night

Hours must be redeemed within 30 days of birth / purchase.

Interested? Email to book your complimentary consultation

Place your deposit today with a 25% non-refundable retainer fee. The remaining balance of 75% is due by the 36th week of pregnancy (34 weeks for twin births) or one week before first in-person visit.