Join us in raising funds for the NYC Community Fund & for the monthly Harlem Maternity Pantry
The Mothership consists of a group of Birthworkers of color based in Harlem, NY. We work together to provide doula services, childbirth education, lactation counseling, & family support groups to families in NYC. We are our community.
- 40% decrease in the risk of Cesarean
- 15% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth
- 10% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- Shorter labors by 41 minutes on average
- 38% decrease in the baby’s risk of a low five minute Apgar score
- 31% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience