VIRTUAL (Accelerated) | Mondays - 7/3 to 7/24 | 5:30 pm- 7:30 pm - Evidence Based Birth Childbirth Class
Evidence Based Birth® has created an in-depth and informative curriculum that includes everything you need to know about childbirth. The class is designed to take place from the comfort of your home. By the end of this class, you should feel confident in your ability to embrace your birth experience with knowledge, power, & self-advocacy!
A Message from Miranda:
Hello! I can’t wait to meet and get to know you! I’m Miranda, a passionate, radiant, feminine, Puerto Rican mother, Full-Spectrum Doula, Certified Lactation Counselor, & Placenta Specialist. I am the founder of The Mothership & Co-founder of The Harlem Doula Collective. I was born, raised and am currently residing in New York City. (But you can take my class from anywhere in the world!) I received my training at Ancient Song Doula Services and my mentorship with The Cannabis Doula. It is my passion to aim to change the narrative, emphasize & highlight the sacredness of parenthood, & build community, inclusive of all types of families. I love empowering families throughout their journey to parenthood, navigating the ins and outs of systems and processes in the medical industrial complex, making sure families are heard and their needs are met. I teach a monthly class on breastfeeding, provide private childbirth education classes, and host MomWow - a monthly pregnancy / mom support group.
What’s included in your class?
Your class includes 5 weeks of online videos to be watched from the comfort of your home, 6 weeks of mentorship from me (your Evidence Based Birth® Instructor and experienced doula), a physical work book, a PDF and video library LOADED with the most up to date evidence on topics like Eating and Drinking During Labor, Vitamin K, Due Dates, & more, AND the opportunity to connect with other expecting families.
- Evidence Based Care: What is it? & How to get it?
- Comfort Measures
- Partner Involvement
- Advocacy in the Birth Space
- Know your Rights
- Birth Plans
- Postpartum Preparation
- Breast/Chestfeeding Education
- Newborn Care Videos: Bathing, Diapering, Soothing, Sleep, and more!
Class length: This is the accelerated classs. We will cover 6 weeks of material in 4 weeks.
This flipped class format allows you to access quality evidence-based materials online, so that it works with YOUR schedule, with the added benefit of mentorship and engaging activities!
Everything you need to know about your ticket:
Class Access is $320: This includes 3 month access to the online portions of the class, spiral bound workbook, four live Zoom sessions with your class to discuss online materials, mentorship from me, the opportunity to email, text, and call me with questions, access to my knowledge of local resources, and a super fun class reunion
Dates for this class are:
July 3, 10, 17, & 24.
Video calls are on Mondays at 5:30 pm each week.
Here's our schedule:
- Our first session will be July 3, 2023, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- You'll have ONLINE learning opportunities and practice activities
- We'll have 2 two-hour Discussion Calls: Monday, July 10 & 17, 5:30 pm
- Our last session will be July 24, 2023, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Additional 3 month access to the online portion of the class (6 month total access) $20
- Babies Are Not Pizzas Book $15 (Retail $24)
- Private classes are available for an additional $100: Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule
- Extend Your Mentorship with Miranda Until Birth & First Week Postpartum $200
- Access to mentorship emails, phone calls, text messages, office hours, MOM WOW, and advice once the class ends, consultation support when you’re in labor, and first week postpartum. Ask all your questions about birth, lactation, placentas, postpartum & motherhood. (This is NOT virtual doula support. You may book virtual birth support here.)
Audits and scholarships:
- Two community rate seats available per session for BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ families at $200. Email email@example.com for discount code.
- Birth workers can audit the class (must be taking class with their client) upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Discounts are available to existing doula clients.
Evidence Based Birth® is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for pregnant persons of any age, religion, race, sexual identity, gender identity, or relationship status. This class is a safe space for people of any gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or class. Harmful language or behavior will not be tolerated.
Your payment reserves a spot in the class and is non-refundable, but tickets are transferable with adequate notice and approval from Miranda.
What other parents have said about the class:
"I really appreciated how informative it was. I knew a lot about the biology of birth and babies, but what we learned was just very impressive. It was a really good experience—fairly chill, fairly laid-back, and not nearly as awkward as I thought it might be. All the information—I never would’ve thought there was that much information out there! If we hadn’t have taken this class, it would have been significantly more stressful.” –DS
“Sign up! You’ll feel more prepared for your baby and your partner.” – JF
“It was the advocacy portion for me. The scripts helped us to feel super prepared.” – RP